The Salonniere, the nation’s leading website dedicated to the art of entertaining, has announced the 2019 Salonniere 100, a list of America’s 100 best party hosts.
Highlighting honorees from 33 cities across the US, the list represents a diverse and ingeniously creative group of people who share the ability to leverage the power of parties to enhance the lives of others.
“Social gatherings play a vital role in our lives and communities, whether to connect people, advance ideas, support causes, or promote joyfulness, and those who host them provide a great gift to humanity,” said Carla McDonald, the founder and editor in chief of The Salonniere. “The Salonniere 100 is our way of honoring the people in America who are the absolute best at hosting parties with passion and purpose.”
Among those making their debut on the Salonniere 100 this year are:
- Jennifer Aniston (Los Angeles). Known for her deep-rooted love of entertaining, Aniston is regarded as the “social glue” that holds together the mover-and-shaker crowd in Hollywood. She recently threw herself a headline-grabbing 50th birthday party that underscored her exemplary hosting skills: among the attendees were Aniston’s ex-husband Brad Pitt and his ex-girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow, along with Aniston’s ex-beau John Mayer, his ex-girlfriend Katy Perry and her current beau Orlando Bloom.
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade (Miami). The Miami Heat basketball player and his actress-activist wife are well-known in Miami for their über-creative, lively, and elaborate theme parties. Last October, to celebrate Union’s 46th birthday party, they hosted a 90s-themed birthday bash that featured a surprise performance by Lil’ Kim. No wonder E! News recently said: “Nobody throws a party like Gabrielle Union and DwyaneWade.”
- Sara Blakely (Atlanta), the founder and chief executive officer of Spanx. Blakely hosts parties to build relationships among women and promote girl power. She regularly hosts fundraisers for charities that empower women and uses her birthday as an opportunity to invite a group of women on a surprise adventure that will help them connect, bond, and grow.
- Derek Blasberg (New York). Blasberg, a fashion journalist and international bon vivant, is known for throwing parties that attract A-listers and make headlines. Most recently, the stylish salonniere, who has been called the “BFF of seemingly every celebrity ever,” hosted a party during London Fashion Week to celebrate Victoria Beckham’s new YouTube Channel. The chic fête attracted everyone from Chris Rock and Joel Edgerton to Alexa Chung and Olivia Palermo and included a performance by drag troupe, The Spice Gurrls.
- Mike Meldman (Los Angeles), the billionaire real estate developer and partner—along with George Clooney and Rande Gerber—in Casamigos. Meldman was recently labeled “Real Estate’s Party Boy” by the Wall Street Journal and for good reason. His parties are sexy, fun, and filled with tequila and interesting people; his annual Halloween bash is one of the hottest party invitations in the country to score.
- Jill Kargman (New York). Author and former Odd Mom Out writer and actress, Kargman is known for throwing high-spirited soirées that combine style with wicked sophistication. Her wit, irreverence, and attention to detail—even down to themed toilet paper—are legendary, making her parties fun and full of surprises.
The 15 “super hosts” who have made the Salonniere 100 in each year since its inception in 2016 are:
- Aspen: Amy and John Phelan
- Atlanta: Annette Joseph and Danielle Rollins
- Dallas: Cindy Rachofsky
- Houston: Becca Cason Thrash, Lynn Wyatt, and Phoebe Tudor
- New York: Ashley McDermott and Lela Rose
- New Orleans: Julia Reed
- Newport: Bettie Bearden Pardee
- Palm Beach: Annie Falk
- San Francisco: Ken Fulk
- Washington D.C.: Hilary and Wilbur Ross and Katherine and David Bradley
The Salonniere team spent six months surveying social authorities and local in-the-know experts, including journalists, philanthropists, not-for-profit fundraisers, social luminaries, event planners, and cultural and business leaders. To see the full list of 2019 Salonniere 100 honorees visit https://thesalonniere.com/salonniere-100-2019/