Born on May 31, 1980, in Nashville, Tennessee, William Harness, known as Struggle Jennings, is an American rapper and songwriter. He hails from a family deeply rooted in music, being the grandson of rock guitarist Duane Eddy and country musician Jessi Colter. His mother is Jenni Eddy Jennings, and his step-grandfather is the legendary Waylon Arnold Jennings.
Little is known about Struggle Jennings’ educational background, but his passion for music blossomed early in life. He is married to Tabitha Harness and is the proud father of five children. His musical journey began with composing poems at the young age of 8.
|May 31, 1980, in Nashville, Tennessee
|Rap, Country Rap
|Between $2 and $3 million
|Yelawolf, JellyRoll, Adam Calhoun
Struggle Jennings Net Worth and Income Sources
As of 2024, Struggle Jennings’ net worth is estimated to range between $2 and $3 million. The main source of his earnings stems from his thriving music career, encompassing album sales, studio albums, and live performances. Apart from music, Jennings generates income from various avenues, contributing to a consistent growth in his net worth.
He received acclaim for voicing the original theme song of The Dukes of Hazzard, leading to a Lifetime Achievement award at the 2007 Nashville Songwriter contest.
Struggle Jennings, an original member of Yelawolf’s Slumerican label, released his debut album, ‘I am Struggle,’ in 2013. After being released from drug-related charges in 2016, he released the EP ‘Return of the Outlaw.’ Demonstrating his versatility, he collaborated with rapper JellyRoll on the ‘Waylon & Willie’ albums and also released an EP with his mother titled ‘Spiritual Warfare.’
In 2019, he released his first solo studio album, ‘Angels and Outlaws,’ which included collaborations with renowned artists such as Julie Roberts and Alexander King. Following this, he achieved further success with subsequent projects, such as the ‘Legends’ EP with Adam Calhoun and the ‘Troubadour of Troubled Souls’ LP in 2021.
How Struggle Jennings Makes Money
In addition to his music career, Struggle Jennings capitalizes on his popularity through multiple platforms. His YouTube channel, which has amassed millions of views, generates revenue from ads and other sources. With over 957k monthly listeners on Spotify, he earns from music streaming. Furthermore, his income is supplemented by partnerships with brands, affiliate commissions, and merchandise sales on his website.
Even with his financial success, Struggle Jennings leads a humble lifestyle and leverages his achievements to inspire others.
Key Takeaways from Struggle Jennings’ Success
- Turning Adversity into Motivation: Jennings used his struggles as motivation, emerging as a better father and artist after overcoming prison time.
- Embracing Life’s Challenges for Personal Growth: Through his music, Struggle Jennings shares life’s challenges to inspire personal growth and reassure his listeners that they are not alone.
- Emphasizing the Right Priorities: Coming from a musical family, Jennings dedicated himself to preserving the family legacy, stressing the value of consistency and seizing opportunities.
Short Bio of Struggle Jennings
Born William Harness on May 31, 1980, Struggle Jennings is an American rapper known for his unique blend of rap and country influences. Standing at 6 feet tall, he comes from a musical lineage, with grandparents like country singer Jessi Colter and rock guitarist Duane Eddy. His stage name is a tribute to his step-grandfather, Waylon Jennings.
Career & Achievements
Struggle Jennings made his debut in 2013 with the mixtape ‘Whyte Dawg,’ featuring Yelawolf. Later that year, he released his first studio album, ‘I Am Struggle.’ Notably, he collaborated with Jelly Roll on the ‘Waylon & Willie’ trilogy and achieved success with an EP alongside his daughter, which reached number 3 on the Billboard Blues Album chart.
Since April 2018, Struggle Jennings has been married to Tabitha Harness and is a father of five. His close-knit family is evident in his collaborations with his mother and daughter, showing unwavering support for his music career. With a substantial following on social media, Jennings has significantly contributed to his overall net worth.
Frequently Asked Questions about Struggle Jennings
- Who is Struggle Jennings? Struggle Jennings is a country-style rapper recognized for his unique fusion of rap and country music. He made his debut on Yelawolf’s track “Whyte Dawg.”
- What Record Label is Struggle Jennings Signed to? Originally signed to Slumerican, he later established his own label, Angels & Outlaws, under which he released ‘The Widow’s Son.’
- What is Struggle Jennings’ Profession? Struggle Jennings is a rapper and accomplished YouTuber, generating income from album sales, music streaming, live performances, and his YouTube channel boasting over 516,000 followers.
Final Thoughts on Struggle Jennings’s Net Worth
Struggle Jennings, originally named William Harness, has transcended a tumultuous history to achieve success as an artist. Boasting a net worth of $3 million, he distinguishes himself in the rap industry not only through financial prosperity but also through his distinctive musical influence. His story serves as a testament to personal development and unwavering resolve in the midst of adversity.